Ghost Hunt at Nothe Fort. 29th June 2024
Building of Nothe Fort began in 1859, to protect the harbour from French invasion and was completed 10 years later.
In 1872 it was armed with 12 muzzle loading defence guns but these were upgraded again in 1872 and 1903.
It was used in the first WW but taken out of service in 1916 but returned to service in WW ll. Ownership was given to Weymouth and Portland council in 1970 and restoration began in 1980.
Today it is used for many purposes, including paranormal investigations and we look forward to trying the building out for ourselves.
Arrival time is 8am and we have the building until 2am.